Jul 4, 2012

Nepal Monarchy may have a role to play soon: Gyanendra Shah


By Telegraph Nepal

The Nepali people have had enough of political wrangling, so pronounced Nepal’s former king Gyanendra Shah in an interaction with the press July 3, 2012, and thus there is the need for a positive change for the benefit of the country and its people.

“There is the need for the rise of a new force (political). It could also be the return of traditional monarchy or anything else.”

HE finally spoke.

“Five years have already passed since I left Narayanhiti Royal Palace.  I have found out while travelling across the country that Nepali people have got nothing except continuous sufferings.”

“When I left five years back, I had said that I will stay in my country and that I will contribute to peace and my motherland in all my capacity. In all these years my nationalist feelings have transformed into discontent.”

“People are not happy now. They might have looked for some sort of role (monarchy). I have been thinking over it. We must wait for a while. People will themselves ask for our role. Let the people decide what sort of role they want for monarchy to play.”

Ready to play a role but if pressed by the “people”.

“I too have some bitter experiences. Let me not dwell into that. The impending change will make it all clear to the public.” Determination in a determined language.

A confident Gyanendra however, looked annoyed with the political parties, reports Annapurna Post daily.

“I feel that our leaders have not been able to make their own decisions but they have been rather directed (Swachalit haina parichalit) from somewhere else”.

Grand accusation indeed but with logic.

“It’s sad that the country as diverse as ours is being intentionally divided in the name of caste and ethnicity. It is obvious that a thriving nation as ours will have diverse ethnicity, class, religion and culture.”

The Annapurna post further reports that the former King prior talking to the media, Tuesday, performed pooja at Jalbinayak Temple in Butwal.

Including former panchas and royalists, Nepali Congress, United Marxist Leninists and Unified Maoists Party cadres were also seen welcoming the king, reports have it.
Is the change in the offing?

The Nepali monarch appears to re-assert his role soon albeit with people’s consent. But when will be that approval?

Courtesy:

No comments:

Post a Comment